Just recently, Scoop.it announced that Scoop.it curators will be able to connect their personal profiles for the purpose of Google Authorship, and at the same time, can now connect a Google+ Business Page for sharing curated content. This is really exciting news, as busy business owners and social media managers can now use Scoop.it to curate and share great content to all of their branded social media profiles - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and now Google+. Continue reading →
|Scooped by Peg Corwin|
Why should businesses have a Google+ Page?
- Branded presence, or claim your name
- Open Network, in which it is easy to engage others
- Social layer - updates rank in search results
- Personalized search, your stuff is featured to those who know you
- Google+ communities, both to create and join
- Hangouts to interact in real time
- Post Ads, not yet here yet, but coming
- Targeted messaging to geographic areas possible, for example
- Expanded online presence, to add another place to be found
- Professional connections and enrichment, a.k.a. networking
Post recommendations on how to engage:
-- Follow interesting folks
-- Join relevant communities
-- Attend interesting hangouts
-- Participate in discussions
-- Be social and patient
As I write this, I'm wondering just how I might monitor hangouts of interest. I suppose by following people and communities.
If you like this scoop, would you consider a thumbs up or share?